Fuzeblocks FZ-1 is a fuse block that is easy to install and fits into a very small space. The on board relay offers the choice for any device to be switched on or off automatically with the vehicle or to be powered constantly.
With the FZ-1 in place, you can power all kinds of motorcycle accessories including, but not limited to, auxiliary lighting, GPS, radar detector, CB/FRS/GMRS radio, heated grips, XM radio, audio mixers, intercom system and any other device requiring 10 Amps or less. Any of these accessories can have constant or ignition-switched power by simply placing the fuse in the correct position for the power desired.
The simplified installation for the FZ-1 fuse block requires no crimping. All connections are made by heavy duty screw terminals that can accept up to a 12 gauge wire. All the FZ-1 needs is +12VDC, a ground connection and a +12VDC switched source to make it fully functional. The unique board layout provides six individually fused circuits that can supply constant or switched power for each accessory depending on your needs.
- Dimensions: L 3.25" x W 2.5" x H 1.25"
- 2 - Onboard diodes to prevent transient voltages (Good news for Canbus bikes)
- Each circuit can handle up to 10A
- The total amperage for the entire FZ-1 should not exceed 30A
Wiring gauges up to 12AWG
- Built-In 30A Relay
- Thick Circuit Board
- Compact Size
- No Crimping
- Ground Bus
- 6 Fuzed Circuits
- Power Selection (Constant or Switched)
- Power Protection
- Spare Fuze Holders
- Mini (ATM) Fuzes that can be found at most auto stores
- Weather Resistant
- Markable Label
- 95-5VA ABS Cover
- Multiple Mounting Options
The FZ-1 one was designed to make installation simple and quick. The FZ-1 uses screw terminals for all its connections so that it requires no crimping. The installation is as simple as 1-2-3.
FZ-1 INSTALLATION GUIDE
1. Disconnect the negative lead of the battery. Then remove the cover and mount the FZ-1 being sure that the back of the FZ-1, with the exception of the mounting posts, do not come into contact with metal or ground.
2. Connect a 12 gauge wire from the +12VDC input (J1) to the positive terminal of the battery. Make sure to install an in-line fuse somewhere along the wire as close to the battery terminal as possible. 30A Max.
3. Connect a 12 to 18 gauge wire (18 gauge is usually more than sufficient) from the +VT input (J1) to a switched power source on the vehicle. A switched power source is a wire that is +12 VDC when the vehicle is on and 0 VDC when the vehicle is off. Refer to your service manual, local mechanic and/or internet forum to find a suitable switched source for your particular vehicle and for the best procedure on tapping the wire. The switched source is used to energize the FZ-1's relay coil (about 1W) which will cause the relay contacts to close and supply +12VDC from the battery to the switched +12V output bus.
4. Connect a 12 gauge wire between the GND input (J1) and the negative terminal of the battery.
5. Insert the proper amperage fuse, for your device, into either the switched or constant fuse position on one of the 6 output circuits. Then connect the positive wire for your device to that circuit's output terminal (J2/J3).
6. Connect the ground wire for your device to the ground bus (J4/J5).
For ease of installation, simply purchase the optional fuzeblock wiring kit.
I was looking for a device to bring all accessories to one point on my motorcycle. Just bring 12vcd from your battery to this fuzeblock and you have the option to provide switched or non switched 12v to your accessories from one spot. Even has spots to place spare fuses. Works great and no issues. 1800kms on bike since install.
This is the best and easiest way to add accessories without having a huge mess of wires coming off the battery. I bought my first one about 4 years agof for the FJR and it was amazing. When I bought the new ride I knew it needed a FuzeBlock the moment I bought the heated vests, LED lights and tachometer. How else could I possibly manage the pending loom of new wires?
Just wire the red and black to the battery and relay switch wire to the rear tail light and you are set to go. Enjoy
I like the product, it is a very good idea. The small size of the box helps, you should be able to find a spot under the seat. Works well also.
I'm not crazy about the terminals, at least for one of them I had to fix the metal contact, because I unscrewed the screw a few times the small contact plate was difficult to realign. Better insert the wires the right way the first time.
Awesome customer service. Great item!
Anxious to install it on my bike…
This is the 3rd or 4th. FuzeBlock that I have bought from Motorcycle Innovations which would indicate that I think very highly of the product and this vendor. I cannot imagine not having a FuzeBlock on a motorcycle as I connect a GPS, heated clothing and a few other things, works so well and is a small package so easy to fit, Motorcycle Innovations has always shipped very quickly at a reasonable price and have been excellent to deal with. I am a very satisfied customer. Thanks
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.