COOLING DEFLECTOR WINGS!!!!
At Motorcycle Innovations we always look for products that are unique and innovative, and often stress Function over Form. With this in mind we carry many of the quality products from DK Custom that serve this purpose. We support two fundamental and functional aims when it comes to making your Harley Davidson last!
FIRST - Cool Down your Ride!
These are the ways to do that!
- Gas Tank Lift
- Cooling Deflector Wings
- Oil Filter Relocation
- Permanent Oil Filter
- Oil Cooler
SECOND - Smart Performance Mods
Combine the following mods on your H-D for Improved Performance You Can Feel!
- Outlaw HiFlow Air Cleaner
- External Breather System
- Free Flowing Exhaust(Modified Stock OR Aftermarket)
- Thunder Torque Inserts™
- Gas Tank Lift
- Cooling Deflector Wings
- Oil Filter Relocation Kit
- Permanent Performance Oil Filter
- Oil Cooler
Now..... on to the Cooling Deflector Wings!!
COOLING DEFLECTOR WINGS
FITS HARLEY-DAVIDSON TOURING &
TRIKE MODELS 1999-UP
MADE IN THE USA By DK Custom Products
- Made from American Steel
- Durable Black Powder Coat Finish
- Reduces Rider & Passenger Buffeting
- Re-Directs air on to the engine for better Cooling
- E-Z BOLT-ON INSTALL - DOES NOT REQUIRE REMOVAL OF TANK
- E-Z Install, Step-by-Step Instructions included
- Made in The USA
The functions of the Cooling Deflector Wings are:
1. Reduce the air coming over the top of the tank, around the sides of the tank, And between the upper & lower fairings.
2. This results in a reduction of air hitting the rider and passenger chest, which reduces buffeting/helmet & glasses bobble.
3. Redirect that air to flow over the engine for better cooling.
DK has consistently seen engine temperatures reduced by 8-15 degrees with the CDW's.
These mount up easily at the front tank/frame mounting point on each side. They are adjustable to get the best redirection of air for you.
Most baffles and deflectors that reduce rider and passenger buffeting also reduce air flow over the engine, making it run hotter. 2007-Up Twin Cams already run too hot during the warm weather months.
With some thought, some curves and bends, & many miles of testing various prototypes, DK developed the CDW's that -
- Reduce Buffeting
- Are unobtrusive when installed
- Increase air flow, cooling the engine, resulting in better engine performance & longer engine life
This is an EASY install - 10 to 20 minutes! DOES NOT REQUIRE REMOVAL OF TANK!
When ordering, use the drop-down to let us know whether you have a Harley Trike or a Harley 2-Wheel Touring Model. This way we can send you the correct CDW for your Ride.
All Tri-Glides, Freewheelers and FLHXXX (with or without Tank Lift)
All 1999*-Up 2-wheel Touring Models (with or without Tank Lift)
Does NOT FIT the Heritage Softail. (yes, we know that HD has started listing the Heritage as a Touring bike, but it is a Softail and this is not designed for the Softail frame)
***Important Fitment Note for 2 Wheel Touring Models:
-Fits 05-Up with Lower Fairings
-Fits 99-up with NO Lower Fairings
There are two different style CDW's-
1. Fits HD Trikes with a tank lift and looks like this...
2. Fits Trikes without a tank lift and all 2 wheel Touring models (with or without a tank lift) and looks like this...
The reason for the different design is that on all two wheelers, and Trikes without a tank lift, there is less clearance room, so the design is a bit different (and smaller) to get everything to fit.
They both have a "wing" to them that extends out past where the air is that would cause buffeting, this wing is to catch extra air and direct it down onto the engine.
The purpose for designing these was two-fold:
1. Redirect air onto the engine to cool it down. This happens 100% of the time and is good for an 8-15* reduction in engine temps (regardless of design).
2. Reduce buffeting. How much it will reduce it is dependent on dozens of factors. How tall you are, what kind of seat you use, how you sit/slouch, foot/leg placement, type of helmet, etc.
Here are a few photos, side by side, for comparision-
BTW, the one made for the two wheelers/trikes with no tank lift, will also fit on the trikes with a tank lift.
They also work well on bikes/trikes with no lower fairings.
Cooling Deflector Wings for Trike with tank lift- Instructions
Cooling Deflector Wings for all others- Instructions
"Who knew something so small would make such a big improvement, Thank you!" -Anthony
"Hello I am very happy with your air wings, they look much better than Harleys. Oil temp down about 5 to 8 precent.Thanks." -Steve Harshbarger
"I ordered a set about three weeks ago for my '14 Ultra Limited. First, I want to thank you for the extremely fast shipping. Second, the wings cured my buffeting problem.
I have a $650 Shoei helmet that I couldn't wear because my eyeballs were shaking so badly that I couldn't focus on the road, but not any longer. Great product! Thanks!" -Stephen
"Had the stereo coming through the helmet speakers, and I could definitely hear it better, and could hear the wife on the intercom much better.
Much less noise under the shield. I was actually able to knock the VOX back three notches without it kicking in and out off of my mic...
So we're well pleased, noticeably less helmet bobble, I used to get a lot, and an unexpected improvement in using the front intercom." -Nate
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.