Fuzeblocks FZ-1 is a fuse block that is easy to install and fits into a very small space. The on board relay offers the choice for any device to be switched on or off automatically with the vehicle or to be powered constantly.
With the FZ-1 in place, you can power all kinds of motorcycle accessories including, but not limited to, auxiliary lighting, GPS, radar detector, CB/FRS/GMRS radio, heated grips, XM radio, audio mixers, intercom system and any other device requiring 10 Amps or less. Any of these accessories can have constant or ignition-switched power by simply placing the fuse in the correct position for the power desired.
The simplified installation for the FZ-1 fuse block requires no crimping. All connections are made by heavy duty screw terminals that can accept up to a 12 gauge wire. All the FZ-1 needs is +12VDC, a ground connection and a +12VDC switched source to make it fully functional. The unique board layout provides six individually fused circuits that can supply constant or switched power for each accessory depending on your needs.
The FZ-1 one was designed to make installation simple and quick. The FZ-1 uses screw terminals for all its connections so that it requires no crimping. The installation is as simple as 1-2-3.
FZ-1 INSTALLATION GUIDE
1. Disconnect the negative lead of the battery. Then remove the cover and mount the FZ-1 being sure that the back of the FZ-1, with the exception of the mounting posts, do not come into contact with metal or ground.
2. Connect a 12 gauge wire from the +12VDC input (J1) to the positive terminal of the battery. Make sure to install an in-line fuse somewhere along the wire as close to the battery terminal as possible.
3. Connect a 12 to 18 gauge wire (18 gauge is usually more than sufficient) from the +VT input (J1) to a switched power source on the vehicle. A switched power source is a wire that is +12 VDC when the vehicle is on and 0 VDC when the vehicle is off. Refer to your service manual, local mechanic and/or internet forum to find a suitable switched source for your particular vehicle and for the best procedure on tapping the wire. The switched source is used to energize the FZ-1's relay coil (about 1W) which will cause the relay contacts to close and supply +12VDC from the battery to the switched +12V output bus.
4. Connect a 12 gauge wire between the GND input (J1) and the negative terminal of the battery.
5. Insert the proper amperage fuse, for your device, into either the switched or constant fuse position on one of the 6 output circuits. Then connect the positive wire for your device to that circuit's output terminal (J2/J3).
6. Connect the ground wire for your device to the ground bus (J4/J5).
For ease of installation, simply purchase the optional fuzeblock wiring kit.
I have not had time to install the product yet however it looks like the product will work exactly how I wanted..
I was suggested this product by a friend and I could not be happier. install was super simple and the finish look keeps everything clean and organized. Matt was extremely helpful in answering all of my questions about the install as well as any other questions on other items I was looking for.
This is the second time I have decised to use the FuseblockFZ1 to solve the electrical needs on a second bike. Worked out great the first time, only thought of getting a second rather than seeing what else is out there!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.